What is your favorite way to stay healthy?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome to Dan's first annual food awards

Hello world, well it’s been a great year for food, and I have been (thankfully and fortunately) able to eat at some of the city’s best restaurants. (Sorry McDonald’s, you didn’t make the cut this year despite all of your mcnugget goodness and crunchy fries). The Zagat’s food guide has recently created their 2010 ratings, and I have been very interested in their opinions of various restaurants. Therefore, I thought it would be time to review my gourmet adventures in a numerical way. The Zagat guide rates their restaurants in three important ways: food, décor, and service.
Now, we all know that only one of those numbers matter. I’m talking, of course, about food! (no offense to fans of service, and décor: I can take it or leave it, as long as the food is top-notch). However, I strive to be as official as possible, so the following list contains all three ratings of restaurants that I have reviewed since I started writing this blog:
(All of these restaurant ratings are out of a maximum of 30 points, and they rarely get beyond 27 or 28).
Restaurant name: food décor service
dinosaur's (One of the top two barbecue restaurants in New York City): 22 15 17
sandro's (scrumptious Roman cuisine): 25 15 20
primehouse (Go for the outstanding brunch, one of the top 5 hamburgers in New York City): 24 23 23
union square café (On one hand it’s a bit touristy, and is one of the most popular restaurants in the city, but has a very nice hamburger and fried (I know) calamari): 27 23 26
rare bar and grill (This place ranks among the top 10 for hamburgers in my opinion, for your information it is inside of a hotel): 21 14 16
socarrat (I am proud to be one of the first bloggers to write about this outstanding Spanish restaurant, their paella is top two in the city, long waits so get there early and enjoy!): 24 17 20
flex mussels (A fabulous restaurant offering big mussels with 23 different sauces, by the way, if you don’t like mussels maybe this is not the right restaurant for you): 22 17 19
sparks (Many say this is the best steakhouse in Manhattan, I liked it and think it is top ten but far from the best): 25 20 22
lucali's (This excellent restaurant is top two for pizza, great calzone!): 26 16 19

As I said, it’s been a great year for food, I guess you can understand why I am always complaining about the scale and how much I weigh! (Don’t worry, it’s actually alright, I just plan to continuously work out until I work off all of the bad stuff). (Side bar: I have been getting into eating more create your own salads at cafes and restaurants, it has not resulted in any weight loss but I do feel good after finishing a healthy salad). I want to thank all of my readers for this opportunity, thanks to my great family, outstanding friends, and any strangers who happen to be checking out my blog (advertising campaign to come).
Dan

1 comment:

Niky said...

Hi Dan!
Wow sounds great, I loved Brazilian food but haven't seen any restaurants arround here.
In brazil everything is so fresh and the fruits and vegetables so amazing I would be afraid to try any recipies, it just wouldn't be the same.