What is your favorite way to stay healthy?

Sunday, February 15, 2009

food critic review: Dos Caminos Park

Hello everyone, I bring you today my latest and greatest food critic review:
Dos Caminos Park
373 Park Ave S
New York NY
4 Stars
This is one of the city’s best Mexican food establishments and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The ambiance was excellent and I also liked their selection of music. I started with a tequila called siete leguas. My server explained that it was made by the same people who make Patron, but that they created it earlier than Patron. It tasted a little smoky, but I drank it as a margarita so it was perfectly accompanied by the lime juice. As an entree, I selected FIDEOS DE MARISCOS, which consisted of lobster, mussels, clams, red snapper and toasted Mexican vermicelli pasta in a roasted tomato lobster broth. I found this dish to be delicious: the seafood was cooked until tender, the sauce had a very nice spice to it with various seasonings, and the vermicelli made a nice addition to the flavor. In addition, I really liked my side dish of SAUTÉED SWEET PLANTAINS. For those who are not aware, there are two different kinds of plantains: the green kind taste like potatoes and the yellow kind taste like bananas.
These were the sweet yellow kind, and they were cooked until the sweetness was revealed.
In response to a comment that I received, I must honestly say that I do not always love mexican food, but this was a totally different experience. A good friend of mine did recommend Rosa Mexicano, however I have never been there before but I am sure I will go soon. (When I do, of course, you will hear about it!)
Overall, I had a great experience at Dos Caminos and I would like to return in the future to try some of their other dishes. I would recommend this restaurant to all of you.
Dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree! I love Dos Caminos. Great spot to go in the city for some decent mexican food and a nice atmosphere. Have you been to Rosa? If so, how would you compare the two? Is it something to checkout?

Maybe, we will bring the apartment gang and go one of these days!